Monday, February 9, 2015

Blessed


On Sunday January 18th we finally blessed Mr. Roman! We had been putting it off because it's the sick season right now and our doctors specifically told us one place NOT to take Roman is to Church. One of our other friends had blessed their baby at home and we really liked that idea.. Except for we don't have enough space for that. A couple weeks ago we found out we could still use the church and just bless him after church! I had no idea you could do that. My mom had bought him his blessing outfit way before he was even born, we ended up having to take it back to get the New Born size, that Roman such a little peanut. 
Seriously a 3 peice tux on a baby?! (There was a jacket that went with it but it was too hot, he is such a little furnace) 
Chalkboard I made to display at his blessing. 


So we invited all of our close family and friends to partake in his blessing. It was a really special night. I kept asking Vong if he was nervous, and he said no! He really doesn't get nervous and I am very jealous. If I was the one having to give the blessing he wouldn't have gotten blessed! Haha. There was a really special spirit there and I am so thankful that we were able to bless him, Vong did a great job. We really are so blessed that Roman is ours forever! He has been such a light in our families' lives in these few short months he has been with us, and I'm sure he will continue to be a light through out his life! I was so happy my Patriarch from my home ward was able to be there. He is so special to me, he gave me my patriarchal blessing when I was 15, sealed Vong and I, and now he was able to be there for my first child's blessing! How sweet is this picture of him and Roman looking at each other.
He is probably the most spiritual, kind, loving man I know, and I'm so grateful he was there! 
The whole family, minus my brother. 

I just want to say how grateful I am to have Roman! I have learned a lot over the past 4 months. I think every time I get comfortable something has to come and rock the boat! Haha I told Vong we should just take all of our expectations of how we think our life is going to be and throw them out the window! Although I didn't expect my first child to come with so many extras if you will, I wouldn't have it any other way! I recently was added to a group on FB for parents whose kids have any sort of special needs... Sometimes I read the struggles of other parents and I am grateful that Roman only has Down Syndrome, like its no big deal at all compared to what other people are going through! I have learned so much about myself, and stepping outside my comfort zone, I can do much harder things than I ever thought! I am trying to remind myself that as we get ready for Roman's heart surgery in a few weeks. I'm trying to prepare myself mentally and emotionally. A lot of people have asked what the risks are... Or percentage of success/failure.. And honestly we haven't asked, I can't let myself fixate on the numbers like that, it's already stressful enough! The doctor told us to plan on him being in the hospital for 3-5 days after the surgery for recovery, which is not as long as I thought! Anyways I feel like I am rambling! Just wanted to give an update for all those who are wondering about his surgery, it will be on February 17th! And here are some pictures of the little tyke for your viewing pleasure :) 
4 month check up! Almost 11 lbs 
Him and his friend Milo :) 
That chubby belly! 

I think he is the smiliest kid I know! We love you forever Mr. Roman! 

No comments:

Post a Comment